Physical Education Teacher
The Vancouver Waldorf School located in North Vancouver, British Columbia, is seeking a Physical Education Teacher for a permanent full-time position for Grades 4-12. The available position will commence with the start of the 2022/2023 School year.
The applicant must have training in Physical Education, and be able to acquire a BC Teaching Certificate upon hire. Waldorf teaching experience is preferred, and the applicant will be expected to prepare lesson plans per the Waldorf and BC Ministry of Education curriculums. The applicant must have the ability to work with children with a range of abilities across different age groups. In addition to teaching the Waldorf School Physical Education curriculum, other duties will include:
- report writing and parent meetings
- evaluation of student progress, oral and written report writing and parent meetings
- parent interaction
- recess supervision
- committee work
- management and operation of high school extra-curricular sports program
- attendance at department and faculty meetings and school-specific events
- regular professional development sessions
- Bachelor’s degree in Education
- BC Teaching Certificate or ability to qualify
- Experience with and/or knowledge of Waldorf Education
- Experience with Spacial Dynamics movement theory
Please send your resume, cover letter, and references to email@example.com
Location of work: North Vancouver, BC
Contact Information: 604-985-7435; firstname.lastname@example.org
Job Type: Full Time Permanent
Salary: $45,150 to $66,137/year prorated to FTE based on experience and credentials
Benefits: Extended medical and dental after 3 months of employment; pension match after 1 year.
Refer to the Employment Opportunities page for details about working at the VWS.