The Vancouver Waldorf School (VWS), located in North Vancouver, British Columbia, is seeking an experienced high school Learning Support Teacher.
Our high school teachers are contributing members of VWS, actively involved in the life of the school through (among other things) participation in faculty meetings, school events and committees. A genuine willingness to work collaboratively with colleagues within the department and across departments is essential.
- excellent written, verbal and organizational skills
- competency in identifying instructional approaches for the inclusion of diverse learners
- responsible for planning, developing, implementing and oversight of Individualized Educational Plans (IEP), based on the BC Ministry of Education guidelines, for high school students in grades 9 through 12
- provide ongoing, one-to-one and small group learning support sessions for grade 9 to 12 students with IEPs
- facilitate IEP team meetings and participate in parent/teacher conferences as needed during or after school hours
- work collaboratively, and provide resources and support to other Learning Support team members, teachers, educational assistants, parents, administrators and staff
- write reports for IEP students 2-3x per year
- attend regular meetings of the VWS Care Group as a member and liaison/representative of the high school
- carry out classroom observations, assessments and recommendations for students identified through referral process
- attend weekly meetings with Learning Support teams
- collaborate with Learning Support teams and administration on Special Education budget and allocation of learning support resources at the high school
- Oversee the use of the high school Learning Centre and resources
- attend weekly high school faculty meetings and monthly full faculty meetings
- collaborate as a member of VWS committee work, and participate in professional development workshops and Open House events
- 5+ years of teaching experience
- Bachelor of Education, BC. Teaching Certificate, Special Education certificate or equivalent experience
- Waldorf Teacher training or experience with Waldorf education
- Educational Assistant or Special Education training or experience
- Orton Gillingham or reading specialist experience
Please send your resume, cover letter, and references to email@example.com
Location of work: North Vancouver, BC
Contact Information: 604-985-7435; firstname.lastname@example.org
Salary: $43,000.00 to $62,800.00/year prorated to FTE based on experience and credentials
Benefits: Extended medical and dental after 3 months of employment; pension match after 1 year.
Refer to the Employment Opportunities page for details about working at the VWS.