The Vancouver Waldorf School, located in North Vancouver, British Columbia, is seeking a Grades Class Teacher for a permanent full-time position. The available position will commence with the start of the 2022/2023 School year.
The Grades Class Teacher has a passion for Waldorf education and inspires a love of learning in children and youth. With the responsibility of carrying a class of up to 30 students, the successful candidate will have excellent class management and organizational skills. Key qualities are strong communication and interpersonal skills and the ability to work effectively in a collaborative environment across departments.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- lesson planning & classroom preparation
- teaching the main lesson
- teaching track classes
- report writing
Additional responsibilities include:
- attendance at faculty meetings
- school liaison for parents
- facilitating parent evenings
- attendance at all school events and faculty meetings
- acting as a substitute teacher in other classrooms, if needed
Education and Skill Requirements:
- BC Teacher Certification or the ability to qualify
- Five years or more of Waldorf Class Teaching is preferred
- Waldorf Training Certificate
- fluency in written and spoken English
Please send your resume, cover letter, and references to firstname.lastname@example.org
Location of work: North Vancouver, BC
Contact Information: 604-985-7435; email@example.com
Job Type: Full Time Permanent
Salary: $43,000.00 to $62,800.00/year prorated to FTE based on experience and credentials
Benefits: Extended medical and dental after 3 months of employment; pension match after 1 year.
Refer to the Employment Opportunities page for details about working at the VWS.